Andrea Hingst L.Ac. Dipl.O.M.
Andrea Hingst, has long had interest in science, medicine, nature and the healing arts. She received her B.S. degree in Microbiology and Molecular Genetics from Michigan State University where she was honored for outstanding achievements in academics and laboratory research and had published works in major scientific journals. Inspired by the health challenges of her family and her own, Andrea pursued medical studies and went on to graduate Summa Cum Laude as valedictorian with her Master’s Degree in Oriental Medicine from National University of Health Sciences in Lombard, Illinois.
She logged more than four years of medical curriculum and 2000 hours of clinical time, treating patients with a variety of conditions. Following, she completed a year and a half postgraduate residency in the department of Acupuncture and Moxibustion at an integrated Allopathic and Traditional Chinese Medical Hospital in Xi’an, China. Working alongside Western M.D.s and Chinese Medical Physicians, she specialized in the treatment of eurological disorders including stroke, paralysis, spinal cord injuries, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s disease, and hearing loss as well as participated in several research studies. Andrea has earned more than ten years of clinical experience working with many other doctors and healers. She has trained in the system of Medical Pulse diagnosis in which she deciphers information about a person’s body by feeling the pulse on the wrist. She also studies and practices elements of Taoism, Buddhist meditation, Qi Gong, Tai Chi, Yoga, and Reiki.
She is passionate about empowering others through health education and community involvement. She believes in meeting each individual where they are on their healing journey and giving valuable personalized tools for lifelong support. Andrea is a NCCAOM Board Certified Acupuncturist and Herbalist and licensed in the state of Michigan.
My mission and passion is to empower you to live your best life. To help you find and connect with the natural flow in your body, life and beyond. I believe everyone is an individual whose differences are her or his strengths. I look forward to sharing my years of education and clinical experience to help you heal your body, mind and spirit.
Acupuncture is one of eight branches of Chinese Medicine and perhaps the most well known. Each branch is a complete system of medicine rooted in over 3000 years of history and practice that has been adapted to address the health challenges of our modern world. Other common treatment modalities in Chinese Medicine include cupping, gua sha, moxabustion, herbal and dietary therapy.
In Chinese Medicine, disease contains two parts similar to the roots and branches of a tree. The symptoms are like branches, and if you only treat them, the same roots will soon grow the same symptoms again. Most pharmaceuticals and surgical interventions work by masking uncomfortable symptoms but fail to treat the original imbalance of the disease. To effectively heal, one must address the root cause of the illness so the tree may grow healthy branches and the symptoms resolve for good.
Chinese medicine’s power lies in approaching each individual as just that—an individual. Two people may both experience a similar disease but have very different underlying root causes. Likewise, two others may have very different diseases but have the same root cause. Each must be balanced appropriately. At Ascension Healing Arts, Licensed Acupuncturist and Herbalist Andrea Hingst, combines traditional Chinese therapies with modern functional medicine and energy healing techniques to identify your unique foundational imbalance and help you heal from the roots up.
Chinese medicine is a comprehensive medical system meaning it can treat any physical, mental, emotional or spiritual imbalance. The following are common conditions Andrea has treated clinically:
- Pain – neck, back, shoulder and knee pain, herniated disc, toothache, TMJ, migraines, tendonitis, sciatica, carpal tunnel syndrome, tennis elbow, fibromyalgia, arthritis, postoperative pain
- Digestion – irritable bowel syndrome, Crohn’s disease, colitis, gastritis, candidiasis, diarrhea, constipation, acid reflux, nausea and vomiting, bad breath, hemorrhoids
- Hormones – PMS, infertility, menopausal syndrome, prostate issues, PCOS, endometriosis, Low libido, Impotence, Sweating issues
- Auto-Immune – Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, Lupus, Multiple Sclerosis, ALS, Sjögrens
- Chronic Infection – Lyme disease and co-infections, Epstein Barr, Herpes Simplex Virus
- Cancer Support – side effects of chemo/radiation, immune support
- Respiratory – chronic sinusitis, asthma, wheezing, COPD, common cold and flu
- Cardiac – high or low blood pressure, angina, palpitation, tachycardia
- Urinary – urinary tract infection, frequent urination and incontinence, Prostate issues, Kidney stones
- Obstetrics – frequent miscarriage, morning sickness, induction of labor, breech fetus
- Psychological and Emotional – depression, anxiety, stress, panic, insomnia
- Neurological – Bell’s palsy, stroke, paralysis, Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, movement disorders, trigeminal neuralgia, memory loss, multiple sclerosis
- Sensory – hearing loss, tinnitus, visual disturbances, vertigo
- Pediatrics – ADHD, allergies, speech disorders, sensory processing issues, autism, developmental and tic disorders
- Skin – acne, eczema, psoriasis, vitiligo
- Weight Loss – when coupled with diet and exercise
- Addiction – nicotine, alcohol, opioids, recreational drugs, medications, food
- Metabolic – diabetes, cholesterol imbalance
- Cosmetic – wrinkles, sagging, cellulite, skin discoloration
How does Acupuncture work?
Acupuncture works by allowing the metal needle to gently stimulate concentrated nerves endings (acupuncture points) in the body, which in turn send messages to restore healthy blood flow to a specific area. Healthy oxygenated blood is what allows the body to naturally and intelligently heal itself.
What is a first visit like?
Your first visit with Andrea will last around 90 minutes. She’ll first listen to your health history and discuss your goals of treatment in detail. She’ll perform a brief exam of your pulses, take a look at your tongue and ask questions in order to make a diagnosis of your unique pattern of imbalance.
Most sessions will include a full acupuncture session during which time very thin sterile needles are used to stimulate acupuncture points on your body. Needles are retained approximately 30 minutes while you listen to relaxing music and often enjoy the healing warmth of infrared heat lamps.
Depending on your needs, additional techniques including cupping, gua sha, body work and moxabustion may be performed. Next, Andrea gives you recommendations of herbal medicine that will complement and expedite your healing, as well as in-depth dietary and lifestyle modifications. She’ll meet you where you are and encourage steps you are ready for. Andrea will conclude with a recommended treatment plan for you.
New Patient Visit: 90 minutes – $125
Returning Patient Visit: 75 minutes – $95
Packages – Have a treatment plan? Packages will save you a lot!
- 5 Treatment Pack : $450 (5% off)
- 10 Treatment Pack: $855 (10% off)
- 20 Treatment Pack: $1500 (20% off)
*Packages may only be purchased after completing a New Patient Visit. Each package may only be used for a single patient. Packages expire one year from purchase date.
**The services provided are at all times restricted to consultation on the subject of health matters intended for general well being and are not meant for the purposes of medical diagnosis, treatment or prescribing of medicine for any disease, or any licensed or controlled act which may contribute the practice of medicine.
Donna Lakes and her team of Healers at the Ascension Healing Arts Center work to help clients create healing on all levels: mental, emotional, physical and spiritual. They are psychic mediums and medical practitioners who can read energy and use various modalities to heal the body. The center is known for reiki, healing touch, chakra balancing, chiropractic care, acupuncture, and other forms of energy and physical healing. While practically applied, they also utilize consciousness coaching or life coaching with each healing session to raise vibrations and help clients move towards ascension. Based on the law of attraction, they help clients manifest their dreams and step into their power. Various techniques are used for physical healings such as cranial sacral, polarity, reflexology, massage, other forms of body work and energy medicine. Donna also offers workshops in the areas of self-development, energy healing, intuitive development, energy cleansing, chakras and a year-long healer development program. Follow up for more information about the Ascension Healing Arts Center team or for more information on upcoming events.